Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Lost Level Exit

The Lost Level Exit
BCDD-0000-010E-BE47

With the Wii U offline for the past month or so due to a move, my Mario making has been getting a little rusty. But playing some old Mario games in the meantime, I was struck by inspiration. This one homages/shamelessly swipes the gimmick from one of the later Lost Levels stages. I suspect my tolerances may have been thrown off by playing a lot of Expert Mode in Mario Maker, but going back to Lost Levels, they don't seem nearly as unfairly difficult as I remember.

But anyway, now that I'm back online, I'm pretty delighted to see everyone has made a lot of stages--I'm looking forward to playing through the backlog!

2 comments:

  1. I managed to piece together what to do. Usually I'm not fond of these kinds of levels because you have to risk dying to find the right thing to do to move on, but honestly I've seen much worse than this one. Pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rats, I might have to go back and tweak that, somehow. I think it does have the lowest clear percentage of any of my levels. Changing it somehow might also have the bonus of making it a little less exactly like Lost Levels 8-2. Also, replaying it, I'm finding the hidden blocks in the beginning get in my way while fighting the Hammer Bro much more than I noticed while testing the level; I'm going to have to address that too, I think.

    ReplyDelete